Following the easing of the lockdown restrictions, in order to best protect everyone from the risk of exposure to Covid-19, changes are necessary to the way we do things here at Number Seven Guest House.
The following information has been created in line with the latest Government, Public Health England and Health & Safety Executive guidance and recommendations (where available) and will continue to be updated in line with Government Guidance and Legislation.
During your holiday
- Follow government guidance on social distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly/use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Should you display Covid-19 symptoms during your stay, please contact Joanne or Richard, so we can take appropriate action to protect staff, guests and suppliers.
Working with our guests
- On arrival we will greet you with the appropriate PPE. Keys will have been disinfected before being handed to you.
- We are asking guests for payment on arrival, this is to stop congestion on the steps and entrance on departure as most people depart at 10:00 on the same day, however arrivals are generally staggered.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed in the entrance hallway and on the first floor, these are automatic. Simply place your hand under the machine and sanitiser will be dispensed.
- Due to social distancing measures we are unable to have all guests in our dining room at the same time, therefore we have decided to operate breakfast over two sittings as follows:
1st sitting 08:30am – Rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4
2nd sitting 09:15am – Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
(We will, where possible, accommodate requests to change sittings to your preference. However, this may not always be possible as we cannot seat more than 5 tables in the dining room. If the times above are not convenient to you then we would be happy to bring breakfast to your room at an agreed time between 08:15am and 09:15am)
We politely request that sitting one vacate the dining room by 09:00am in order for us to clean and prepare the dining room for sitting two, we also ask that sitting two do not come down for breakfast until 09:15am to avoid congestion in the hallway and outside the dining room. A breakfast menu will be provided in your bedroom for the number of nights you are staying with us, can you please complete the menu and place it in the basket in the entrance by 17:00pm the evening before. If you do not want breakfast there is no need to complete the menu sheet, if one is not received for your room by 17:00pm we will assume no breakfast is required.
- Bedrooms will not be serviced during your stay unless you are staying 4 nights or more. Due to this, should you require clean cups, glasses, tea, coffee and milk for your room, these will be available for you in the dining room for you to help yourself. Please only take what you intend to use.
- White plastic bags have been provided in your bedroom, please place all towels, bathmats and flannels in the bag before departure. If you require any clean towels, bathmats or flannels during your stay please indicate this on your breakfast menu, they will be brought to your room the following morning with breakfast. Should they be required more urgently then please contact Richard or Joanne and we will bring them straight to you.